South African Rugby

Friday, October 19, 2007

Can Steyn step up the pace?

Steyn has been one of Springboks' coach Jake White's young lions ,he has played in all of the Springboks' matches at the tournament so far, after replacing the injured Jean de Villiers, and has scored a try and a penalty, admits that sometimes he tries White's patience.

"He doesn't come down on me, but I think he wishes he could give me a hiding - but it has been good," said Steyn, who will win his 16th cap on Saturday.
"I like Jake a lot and he gave me a good opportunity and I just hope I can take it with both hands.

As for whether he can outdo England's master of the drop goal Jonny Wilkinson, Steyn, who landed two monster drops in the Tri Nations win over Australia earlier this year, is a bit coy ,he has been fluffing the last couple of games and panicked in the Kiwi Tri-Nations game.

Maybe Steyn will be our surprise for England this Saturday.




South Africa Rugby homepage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add your Rugby URL here for free -